Newsletter #21 – Monday, 10th August 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
Can You Help?
People are starting to realise that smaller homes are significantly safer than larger homes when it comes to Covid-19 Risk, with a recent study in Wales showing the risk tripled for every additional twenty residents. However, apart from realising that Small Really is Beautiful, potential residents and their families find it hard to identify which home is right for them when the only way they can see it is via a Video Tour. This is where we are hoping some families may feel able to help by Sharing Their Own Personal Experience of our service. If you would be happy to share your experience with families considering either Nettlestead or Priors Mead, could you please let us know.
Garden Visits and Post-Summer Visiting
Leo now has a design for our new Visiting Pods which we are getting priced up, and we remain on target for having a solution in place for the end of September.
Testing, and Test & Trace
Testing is continuing for both Residents and Staff with no new positive results to report.
- All Residents and Staff have now had their second Covid Test, just waiting on results back.
- Jane Ballard has now taken over Nettlestead Activities as Katherine has stepped up to Full-Time Assistant Manager.
- All Couvid-19 Test Results have come back negative and staff are on their third week of testing.
- After 3 years at Priors Mead, Vivian has moved to a new home. We wish her well and will miss her and her family.
- We have the Podiatrist returning this week for one to one garden consultations, so we hope this glorious weather continues
- Thank you to Dunottar School PTA and the students for the ‘thank you’ mugs designed and donated to us as to recognise our hard work as Key Workers during the current times.
- Nothing to report this week save that testing continues.
- Vivien’s Family have kindly made a Departing Gift towards keeping the Residents safe which we plan to use towards our garden rooms; thank you.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce