Newsletter #22 – Monday, 17th August 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
Thank You for Your Help
Last week I asked if any Families would be happy to help by speaking to potential families about their experience of Nettlestead and Priors Mead, and your response was overwhelming; thank you. Choosing a home is a difficult task at the best of times, but when you can only see inside via Video Link it becomes so much harder to decide which is best for your loved one. We believe being able to speak with our current Residents’ Families will be a great assistance to potential New Residents and their Families when considering their options.
Garden Visits and Post-Summer Visiting
Leo is making good progress with the Visiting Pods, which will be heated, enclosed structures that can be moved around so and will be able to be positioned so that Residents do not need to go outside to use them. We hope to have a design to share with you shortly.
Testing, and Test & Trace
This is now working well, and with no one yet Testing Positive. However, if they were, we believe this combined with our Negative Ion Filters will give us the best chance of containing it.
- Bromley Council have made a donation of over 500 Masks.
- Congratulations to Holly is expecting her First Child which is due in February 2021.
- Welcome to Che Adams has joined us as weekend staff. She was due to start before the Pandemic but, due to having 2 little children, decided to wait it out.
- Congratulations to Jane Ballard who has now officially taken over the Assistant Manager for Activities We are looking forward to seeing what she has in store for the residents to enjoy. Her email address is email@example.com if you would like to contact her directly with any ideas or questions.
- This week we will be baking our own Savoury Muffins for supper.
- We will also be enjoying Crossword and Quiz Evenings with drinks and nibbles.
- We will be having our weekly Pampering Session with manicures.
- We are liaising with the Parents-Teachers Association from Dunottar School and hope to set up some remote virtual sessions with staff, children and parents over the coming weeks.
- We are continuing to enjoy Indoor and Outdoor Activities, when the weather permits!
- Michelle is busy working on the Activities Care Plans with all residents on a one to one level.
- All Carers have now been booked on for an Antibodies Test.
- We are continuing to take on new Clients, which is partly due to St Chrisophers sadly ending their home care service as of September 2020.
- Lauren is completing a Recruitment Zoom with St Christophers this week for their staff, to see if any would like to join us.
- Bromley Council are continuing to support us with PPE Supplies.
- We have a number of New Staff joining us over the next couple of weeks, who we will introduce to you by name once they are started..
- We see ourselves as being in a maintenance phase for the time being, and so are principal focus is on our Pandemic Audits to ensure we are keeping our guard up.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce