Newsletter #31 – Monday, 19th October 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
The Temporary Visiting Pods are up and working, although we have had problems with the heater in Priors Mead’s one, which is being replaced. We are also Suffering Delays on the Permanent Visiting Pods, which we appreciate is frustrating and for which we apologise. We are doing all we can to make sure we have a Winter-Proof Solution in place as soon as possible in both Homes, including pressing for quicker delivery times on our Plan A, whilst also exploring alternative Plan B’s.
Testing is going well at both Homes, with No Positive Results. HomeCare also has a meeting with Bromley Council on 22nd October, which is promising.
- Over the weekend Edward celebrated his Birthday packed with presents, cakes and music!
- Flu Jabs for all residents have been arranged and will be carried out this week by our normal GP.
- Jane has been focusing on Card Making this week, and we are looking forward to sending these out to families and friends.
- Halloween decorations are starting to go up this week to get us all in the Spooky Spirit and ready for the Festive Season.
- We had a fun evening Painting Pottery on Friday thanks to Eva from ‘Painty Pots’ – she will be collecting them for glazing this week before returning them to us. We look forward to sharing our creations with you.
- We have a few Halloween themed arts and crafts sessions planned. We are aiming to decorate the front of the home for passers by to enjoy.
- On Thursday evening we enjoyed seeing Anthony via zoom. He sang for us, played the guitar and we all enjoyed a sing-a-long. We will be scheduling him in as a regular virtual visitor.
- Flu Jabs have been slightly delayed, but we are awaiting confirmation for them to be administered this week
- Lauren has a zoom meeting on 22nd October with Bromley Council in regards to testing for domiciliary care services.
- We have two New Staff Members starting, Samantha and Lorraine, who are completing their shadowing this week.
- HomeCare have two New Clients starting care with us, one in Bromley and one in Reigate.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce