Newsletter #42 – Monday, 4th January 2021
Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare all remain at Implementation Level Two.
Happy New Year!
We are delighted to advise that all Residents at Nettlestead have had their first Vaccine, the first home in Bromley to do so, although we are still awaiting a date for Priors Mead – the Home’s GP Surgery are awaiting clarification themselves and are hoping to provide us with more information towards the end of this week. We continue to expect HomeCare Clients to be scheduled to have theirs via their own GP.
Testing continues to be done weekly for the Homes’ Staff and monthly for Residents. Priors Mead welcome their Night Carer back tonight having completed her isolation period, and thankfully only experienced mild symptoms. Unfortunately, two Home Carers have tested Positive and are now Self-Isolating, although thankfully anyone they may have been in contact with have tested Negative.
Updated guidance for Testing means our Homes’ Staff will need to complete two Lateral Flow Tests as well as their usual test Every Week. This will take some arranging but once in place will provide further risk prevention.
Pods and Visiting
Both Pods continue to be open for Visitors. Please book in the normal way.
From Owners to Customers
We (Nick and Sarah) have finally made the transition from being the Owners of Nightingales, at least until the Employee Ownership Transition completes, to Customers. Sarah’s Dad took a tumble and ended up in hospital with a fractured shoulder. He has since unfortunately had to go back into hospital, but we have now had the pleasure of seeing first hand how good both the HomeCare Office and Carers are at looking after her parents. Thank you Kim, Becky, Paige and particularly Jane!
- Please keep phoning in for Visits in the Pods; sadly only one Visitor during Tier 4.
- It’s officially the end of Christmas at Nettlestead, so we say goodbye to all of the festive decorations and celebrate the New Year with our first round of Vaccines 🙂
- Jane has been able to get her hands on some Musical Instruments for the Residents to play this week, keep your eyes peeled and ears open for the Nettlestead Band!
- Cupcake Making and Decorating is going ahead this week due to the downturn in weather conditions. Please keep an eye on facebook for pictures!
- Happy Birthday to one of the Nettlestead Managers, Katherine, on Friday!
- We are so pleased that our Pod is finally complete and is already accommodating Visitors! We are still trying to come up with a solution to support our Residents and their Visitors with being able to hear each other a bit more clearly. Just a reminder that whilst we’re in Tier 4 we can only have one visitor at a time.
- On New Years Eve we enjoyed a zoom session with a talented Harpist, Margaret – However the tranquility this created meant our Residents were all tucked up in bed by midnight!
- Kirsty is now back following her leave – Welcome Back!
- We look forward to welcoming our Night Carer, Marta, back from maternity leave next week.
- Our Residents will be making 2021 Calendars this week.
- For personal reasons, Lauren has sadly left and Kim is taking over responsibility for HomeCare for the time being. Katie is helping out in the office.
- Kim’s birthday is today – Happy Birthday!
- We have two assessments booked for this week.
- Carers are still having their weekly Covid Tests.
- Becky received her first Vaccine on Thursday and is feeling good!
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce