Nettlestead remains at Implementation Level Three, with Priors Mead and HomeCare now at Implementation Level Two.
This is the first weekly Newsletter since 11th January when we moved to Daily Updates during the Outbreak at Nettlestead. Now that this has settled down, we are resuming the weekly Newsletters. Please let us know if there is anything in particular you would like to see included.
Thankfully, there have been No New Positive Tests, and we are therefore just counting down the 28 Day Waiting Period until we can revert to Implementation Level Two. However, we have had the good news that we do not need to retest formerly positive Residents and Staff for 90 Days, which reduces the risk of having to restart the 28 Day Waiting Period, and also that the Residents are now able to use the Main Lounge again.
The Staff Fund has raised an incredible £3,150 and we are liaising with Jo Baker about how best to distribute this. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank Jo and everyone else for their incredible generosity – Thank You!
Feedback from Bromley
As hopefully was apparent from the Daily Updates, everyone everywhere was working as hard as possible to either control the Outbreak at Nettlestead, or prevent there being one in either Priors Mead or HomeCare. However, we were particularly delighted to have received the following from Bromley Council:
“The feedback we have had from our colleagues in health has been that the staff at Nettlestead have been brilliant during this time, they have listened to all advice and accepted all support willingly, as well as taking action where needed and asking for support when needed. They have gone above and beyond and have been so caring, so thank you. We know that this has been an extremely difficult time.”
We have no updates as to when our residents will receive their Second Vaccinations.
Pods and Visiting
The Visiting Pod at Priors Mead is open for one visit per Resident per week from a maximum of Two Bubbles, and we will relax this further as soon as we feel it is safe to do so.
The situation at Nettlestead remains that we cannot reopen the Pod until we are out of the 28 Day Period since the last Positive Test. This takes us to 28th February.
In the meantime, FaceTime/Zoom Visits are available in both Homes.
- Residents have now been given the good news that they are able to come into the lounge today and see some familiar faces albeit at a social distance.
- We will be having a Musical Afternoon in the lounge today to lift everyone’s spirits with a drink or two 🙂
- Jane is making a comeback today! Activities will start to get back to normal by next week with some exciting things planned.
- All Residents have enjoyed looking at the snow from the warmth of either the lounge or their rooms this morning. Some Residents have even asked for a snowball fight!
- Everyone at Nettlestead would like to thank everyone for their support during this rough patch that we have all been through together.
- We would like to add a further big thank you to all of our Care Team for their hard work and positivity during the lockdown
- We are looking forward to trying our hand at some Chinese Arts and Crafts this week to decorate the home and get everyone in the mood for some fun on Friday celebrating Chinese New Year! We shall be ordering in Chinese food for supper for all to enjoy .
- We have a DofE student volunteering to work with us, so we are in discussions with her to set up some Zoom sessions for the Residents to enjoy a Quiz Evening or just general one-to-one chit chats.
- Yoga, via Zoom with Sarah is on this week which has proved a big hit so far with more Residents giving it a try each session.
- We would like to Thank all our Staff for their continued dedication and hardwork during the Pandemic.
- We have Four New Employees completing their training on Friday ready to join the Team.
- We have two assessments taking place this week.
- Please bear with us this week as Carers may be delayed due to the snowy weather conditions.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce