Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare are all at Implementation Level Two.
Management & Employee Representatives
The elections are now complete (save for one tiny hitch), and the almost total list of representatives are:
Kelly McManus on behalf of the Management Team;
Donna Amplett on behalf of Nettlestead;
Michelle Rodd on behalf of Priors Mead, and;
There will be a new election for HomeCare as the person elected would prefer not to serve.
Thank you to everyone who put their names forward, and congratulations to those who were elected.
Care Home Visits
These carry on as usual, although we are currently processing the new changes to allow a second visitor and very young visitors. We will have something for next week’s Newsletter, which will come out on Monday as there is no bank holiday.
A grand total of £3,350 was raised for the Staff Fund which is now in the process of being distributed. Thank you so much to Jo Baker for arranging it, and to everyone for their generous support.
- We hope you all enjoyed your Easter Weekend. Ours was enjoyed with freshly baked easter cakes, decorations and plenty of easter chocolates.
- We are delighted to have welcomed Joyce to the Nettlestead Family and hope you enjoy your stay with us 🙂
- We also welcomed Emine to the Nettlestead Team who will be helping with Activities in the afternoons.
- Jane will be focusing on the physical side of activities this week and getting us all active with a great playlist from Frank Sinatra to Dean Martin; watch out for some photos on Facebook.
- Please make sure you keep phoning to reserve your visits and facetime slots to avoid disappointment.
- Chris has planned for some fun games including Bowls and Bingo with lots of prizes involved. Keep your eyes peeled for the WINNER 🙂
- We hope you all enjoyed your Easter Weekend as much as we did. Ours was filled with lots of fun including our easter egg hunt.
- Our Five Cocoons have all hatched into beautiful Butterflies! We are now looking after them with sugar water, fruit and flowers. We can’t wait to release them into our garden this week; keep a look out for the photos on facebook.
- Our Sunflower Seeds were delivered and all residents have potted their own individual ones. Let the sunflower competition begin!
- We have our fortnightly In-Chair Yoga this week with Kiren from Slo Yoga over zoom and are in discussion with Linley from Kiddleydivey about having our musical sessions back, hopefully in the garden now the weather is improving and restrictions easing.
- We are going to do some more Spring Arts and Crafts this week, making and painting daffodils. We are looking forward to our delivery of the Painted Pottery we made last week in the lovely sunshine outside. This has been off to be glazed and kilned by Eva at Painty Pots.
Thanks to the great service our Carers are providing, we continue to increase both the number of people we are caring for and our relationships with the wider community in general. We’re particularly looking forward to the opportunity to support our clients to get involved in some activities now that lockdown is easing, so please let us know how we can help.
We’re also looking forward to getting to know people better via social media. If it would be helpful, we can provide updates on a daily or weekly basis, so please feel free to add us via Facebook for yourself, your family, and friends, and let us know what works for you.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce